Friday, December 3, 2010

Tasty New Dish

I have begun the long slow process of adding a new food to Phinneus's diet. My hog is on the small side- he doesn't over eat, and he runs quite a bit on his wheel. His weight hovers around 300 grams (give or take a large poo). I decided that it couldn't hurt to introduce a food that wasn't weight loss, since he certainly isn't in need of weight loss. I picked up a bag of Wellness Indoor Cat food; because he loves his Wellness Kitten food so much, I thought another type of Wellness would suite him. Right now Phin's kibble mix consists of Solid Gold Katz-n-Flocken (the original food he was on when I got him- a lamb based mixture), Wellness Kitten food (chicken), Blue Buffalo Spa Select (chicken), and now Wellness Indoor Cat (also chicken). When switching or adding a new food to a hedgehog's diet you must do it very slowly so as not to upset their digestion. I only add three-five kibbles pieces per day. So far Phin eats about half of these, which is a good sign. It means that he might actually like the food which means that I didn't just waste $13 on a bag of cat food. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment