Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hark! The Herald Hedgehog...pees?

I have entered Phinneus in the Carolina Storm Christmas Hedgehog Photo Contest. Here is the link! You will have to scroll down to #39 to see a familiar hedgie face. There are tons of cute and clever photos though, so I'm sure you won't mind seeing all the other holiday hedgehogs.
Getting Phin to pose for a Christmas photo (he's Jewish, perhaps that explains some of the reluctance?) was NOT an easy task. I prepared a warm bath with Aveeno oatmeal powder which he attempted to drown himself in, and then I sat with him wrapped in his towel on my lap so that he could dry off and stay warm. I sacrificed homework time for this- which at this time of year for a college student is quite a thing to do. Next I attempted Round #1 of photo shoot. This did not go well. I ended throwing my hands up in exasperation and putting Phin back in his bin for a while. I was ready to attempt the next round many hours later, and this one went better...although I caught the wee rascal trying to secretly pee in my hat. I got him out just in time! One of the photos showed a distinct yellow puddle around his back legs. I got a good amount of quality holiday photos despite this, which I will be sharing on my blog posts throughout the month of December. Did I mention that December is the best month of the year? My birthday is on the 12th, and on the same day Phinneus will be 9 months old. My little hoglet is growing up! Phinneus also gets to celebrate the festival of lights, and I get to go all out getting ready for Christmas. Pherb decided not to be Jewish, and instead will be agnostic and celebrate X-mas. What a cheery holiday bunch we are!
Anyway, be sure to check out the Christmas Photo Contest. I don't need to a win a Carolina Storm Wheel ( I already have one) but I wanted to submit a photo purely because I like to show off my little grumpus.

No comments:

Post a Comment