Monday, September 13, 2010

Trials and Tribulations

Today was cleaning day for Phin's cage. I removed everything and was preparing to rinse the inside of the bin to remove smells, urine, and pieces of litter. I suddenly had a "great" idea. Why not add some Listerine mouthwash to the water in the squirt bottle I use? It would be extra cleaning and germ killing power without being too full of chemicals. Well it turns out that Listerine leaves behind a strong smell that multiple scrubbings do not remove. I thought of leaving the tub to air out...but it would have taken far too long, and I couldn't expect Phin to stay asleep in his towel forever. So I ended putting the tub in the shower and rinsing it thoroughly, and then drying it. The moral of this story is: Use water and soap! Don't get ideas!
I gave the wheel the same treatment, without any unexpected complications, and now all is well again. If only Phinneus understood what goes into creating a happy, clean, and fresh environment for him...

This is a story that has nothing to do with cleaning. I dreamt that the little albino hedgie girl I saw (and became attached to) at a pet store had given birth to five or so tiny babies. In her cramped and smelly cage were two bigs males! Needless to say I rushed to the store clerk and warned him about the dangers posed to mom and babies, and that if the two males weren't moved and mom put into isolation the babies would be eaten. I was laughed at and turned away. I felt horrible when I woke up. What if this really happens? I am going to go to that pet store ASAP and see if the albino girl is even still there. Somehow I need to be reassured that there aren't headless babies lying around a distraught mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment