Thursday, September 16, 2010

Everybody Loves Chocolate

I don't know why it took me so long to ask the experts at HHC what Phinneus's official color was, but I finally did. I have been curious for a while, and I scanned the color guide they have, but for the life of me I just couldn't figure it out. So here's the verdict: Phinneus is an Algerian chocolate pinto. I had a beloved dog once named Hershey...so chocolate seems to be a reoccurring theme in my pets :)

Now to a new topic. In yet another confirmed act of weirdness, Phinneus loves to eat masking tape. When he has floor time he inevitably goes over to Pherb's cage, which has a piece of masking tape on it from when I originally bought it at a garage sale. On the other side were two pieces of tape which I used to securing close the lid on Pherb's exercise ball. Phin always sniffs out the masking tape and begins licking, and if I don't notice and stop him in time, goes on to chew on it. Luckily I usually catch him, but he's a persistent little guy. Why? Why masking tape? As usually I am left to the conclusion that my darling little hedgehog is just a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment