Monday, August 16, 2010

What A Weirdo

Hedgehogs are known to do strange things. Usually Phinneus conks out after an eventful night under his fleece blankies, next to his hidey-log. In the past, when he was at Matt's apartment and the temperature was scorching, he would crawl under his fleece liner to lie against the cool plastic. Well last night he did that too, except for he went one step further and made himself deeply and hopelessly embedded in the paper towel lining. I had to dig to find him and then tear at the paper towel in order to pick him up. Needless to say, he was not best pleased.

In other news, I have fallen for a teeny tiny albino girl from a pet store. This is forbidden love, as I promised myself not to buy another hedgehog from a pet store. However...this little sweetheart is way too young to be separated from her mother, is sporting wounds on her front legs, and seems to have a smelly case of the runs. She is housed with a male, so that worries me too. There is a good chance that this itty bitty girl is pregnant, and if so she faces complications due to her youth. She seems very sweet for all that, and I would love to bring her home and show her the TLC she deserves. My sensible half knows that this is highly irresponsible, and too much of a financial burden. I also lack the space to house her properly. I love my Phinneus, and I wouldn't want to take any love or resources away from him. That said, I still spend half my waking hours on the verge of marching into the pet store and scooping the little hoglet girl right up. She needs help!

No comments:

Post a Comment