Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tattoos and Irascible Hedgehogs


Well here is how the heating status stands: after going to considerable trouble and expense to set up a heating system for my dear Phinneus I found that he did not care for it. This is probably because I, not being highly affluent, opted to buy a heat bulb for now, which gives off red light. Apparently Phinneus can detect redlight, and since he will not go about his nightly activities unless he is in complete darkness I woke up this morning to a clean wheel, sleeping hedgehog, and a pooped-on food dish. I assumed that last part was a present to me. What I have learned: that Phin is one of those hogs that not only doesn't like light, but also one which can tolerate cooler temperatures- such as the mid 70's. So I returned the bulb, and I will wait for a while until I buy a CHE.

Now for the more exciting news- I GOT MY HEDGEHOG TATTOO TODAY. I went to have it done by tattoo artist Jon Bass and I am so pleased with his work! He made the hedgehog fierce, which I initially was suprised at, but which I like. Now I have a fierce guardian hedgehog on my shoulder. This piece of ink is the first of what will eventually be a sleeve (a full arm tattoo). As it heals, I shall let arm hedgehog meet Phinneus hedgehog.

No comments:

Post a Comment