Monday, August 9, 2010

CHE

Today I am going to look for a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) setup at some pet places around town. I've done some research online, asked a few questions oh Hedgehog Central, and now I just need to finagle myself the best deal. CHE setups are expensive and can be dangerous if the proper precautions aren't taken. Since Phinneus lives in a Sterilite bin I obviously can just clip the CHE (which requires a porcelain lamp which won't melt, and a thermostat so you don't burn your hedgie up) onto the side. It's going to take some rearranging and figuring out. In the coming winter months I can't always guarantee that there will be enough heat to keep Phin in the safe temperature range. This safe range, by the way, is about 75-85 degrees. This way, no matter where Phin is, I can make sure he is at a safe temperature...also that way I don't have to constantly live at that temperature myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment