Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Timed Daylight

I have set Phinneus up on a light timer schedule, as it is important that he have 12-14 hours of daylight. Without this time he may attempt to hibernate, as lack of sunlight triggers winter instincts. I picked up a $5 outdoor light timer from Target (it can be used for any lights, as long as they can plug into the outlet on the timer) and set up a lamp with a "daylight" ligh tbulb. He now has simulated daylight from 9 am to 9 pm. I realized that with school approaching I would be busy with work, classes, and everything else in a college student's life, so this way I don't have to be so neurotic about stopping him to turn lights on an off. I must say it's a little bit thrilling when 9:00 shines around the light magically change.

No comments:

Post a Comment