Monday, October 25, 2010

An Impostor and A Grateful Owner



This is another Lol Hedgie photo I found, thanks to a friend who sent me the bumper sticker version. It turns out, there's a fair number of these little gems floating around.

I am a very grateful owner. My hedgehog can cuddle like you wouldn't believe. He is quite entertaining to watch- especially when it comes to feeding him mealworms. He had stayed pretty healthy and happy, and doesn't seem to be in any danger of getting overweight no matter how much I spoil him with treats. And finally, he doesn't make noise. I love cats and dogs, but when you are rudely woken out of a blissful sleep on the morning of a rather important and daunting test in comm and civ by the yowling of a relentless cat, the last thing you think is, "Gee, I'm so glad my companion is the mild mannered feline."
I have two cats back home myself, but while I am away at school I rarely see them. It just so happens that I seem to be the biggest cat lover in my household (besides a brother who has long since moved out) as my parents love to complain about the cats. And let's face it, I do too sometimes. Sometimes they deserve it for yowling, barfing, unlawful killing of wildlife and small pets, etc.
My main point is this: I love cats, but I love my silent hedgehog more on morning like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment