Friday, July 23, 2010

Back Again!


I got back from vacation today and as soon as we could my boyfriend and I headed to go pick up my little hedgepig. He seemed glad to see me; by glad I mean he licked my skin thoroughly and then spent a very long time anointing. He was also happy to explore and settle down in my lap amongst his blankets.
Now we three are relaxing at home and Phinneus is plopped out in order to cope with the dense heat. I can see him (he thinks he is undetected) through the clear plastic bin as he falls asleep.
It was lovely to come back to find his cage clean and his food and water bowl full. I couldn't be happier with the care he was given while I was gone, and I am very glad that I decided NOT to take him, as it would have been such a stressful change in his routine.

In other news, I am fighting the fight not to respond to every ad posted for hedgehogs looking for new homes on craigslist. I would say that if a person has had no luck finding a breeder near them, then that person should check their local classifieds.

Also, I have stumbled across some interesting hedgehog related paraphernalia, and thought I'd share some of the best finds.










There are tons more cool hedgehog products out there. Some of which are so bizarre you wonder how people manage to sell them and make money...Oh yeah, there's people like me who are suckers for these little critters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment