Sunday, March 20, 2011

*Sigh* After Spring Break


Well now it's Sunday night and spring break is drawing to a close. The week before I was sick, so really, I have been out of the game for two weeks. Eesh! I regret that Phinneus has not gotten as much of a regular schedule of care and attention as usual, but he is definitely not lacking anything. While I was sick it was harder to put at much energy into cuddles and cleaning, so while his cage was kept clean, he had less lap and floor time. Over break my mother and I made up for that! He settled into living at the house again (it's his country estate, we joked) with ease and wheeled every night except for one; that night his wheeling must have startled me awake because I just barely remember jumping up all of a sudden. This, in turn, must have scared the wits out of him because he scuttled back to bed and didn't wheel at all. Apart from that, he was fine. My mother and I found excuses to drag him out of bed multiple times for cuddles and exploration. Unfortunately this led to a disgusting new development: Phinneus now takes muck and anoints it onto his quills. He did this with a piece of dog kibble we had given him. After his initial struggle to break it into manageable pieces his smeared all over his rump and rear. Great. Now we're back in School-Town and he's all settled in in his fleecey villa-of-a-tub, ready to continue his life of permanent spring break.

Oh yeah, and did I mention I'm going to Africa in a few months?

No comments:

Post a Comment