Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gerbil Pups- Raven and Renn


Yesterday Matt and I brought home our two new little gerbil pups. They are stunningly gorgeous girls whom we have named Raven and Renn. Renn is the German word for run, and also part of the German word for gerbil, which is 'rennmaus'. It is also (spelled w-r-e-n) a type of bird, so Matt picked Raven to go with it. Their pretty names go with their pretty selves! I posted a video on Phin's YouTube channel (yes, he can share) and you should check it. I mean, they are pretty darn cute, so why not? It might even lower your blood pressure or something. Here is a link to the video, or you can click the link at the bottom of the blog, which will play it in a little box at the top of the page.

I got really sick this weekend; luckily we snagged the gerbies and did the errands before the fever set in, so I spent the night hopped up on Excedrin, watching Raven and Renn explore their new home. We even had a precious bonding moment when I placed my hand in the tank and they came over to investigate. Their fur is extremely soft and honey colored, and their long whiskers tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment