Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gerbil Town

This weekend Matt and I are going over to a friends house to pick out some ickle baby gerbils! We had talked about getting gerbils way back even before we had Phinneus or Pherb. Matt's never had them (I had a few when I was younger) but we both like their energetic and cheerful nature. Plus they are just too cute to miss. After going through a pet population explosion- hedgehog, guinea pigs, hamsters, cat, fish tank, newts- we both agreed that we would need to wait before adding gerbils to our bunch. Well, we've waited, and unfortunately we've lost some of our critters, but now the time is ripe for the gerbies. The 10 gallon tank Andromeda (my newt who passed away last week after crawling out of her tank and then becoming mummified under the refrigerator) used to live in is perfect. Last weekend Matt and I went to Animart, which is a favorite activity, and purchased the necessary supplies.

My friend Sarah has been telling me about her gerbil farm for months. She has a lot of adolescents on her hands right now, so it's the perfect opportunity for us to scoop some up. Two to be exact, and of the same gender. No gerbil farm for us! Me being me, of course I am all excited to set up a fantastical microcosm for them...and to name them of course! Well, only one of them. Matt gets to name the other one. It will sort of be like "his and hers". I was thinking of naming mine Aloysius if he's a boy.

Saturday can't come soon enough! P.S. That's also the day I have my first nail cutting session with guinea pig I wrote about earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment