Friday, November 19, 2010

Tunnel

I finally bought a piece of PVC pipe for Phinneus as a sturdy, washable, spacious tunnel. I believe it is the 4'' variety, and in my terminology is a "bendy piece" meanin it is slightly curved. It cost around $4 from Menard's, but I'm sure you could find it at any hardware store. Apparently there are different types of PVC for varying prices. I washed it thoroughly in hot water when I got home and placed a scrap of Phin's fleece in the pipe to make it more welcoming. The I placed it against the wall in Phin's cage and woke him up to show him. At first he was just confused and slightly annoyed at being woken up in the middle of the afternoon. The he noticed to new addition and came over to investigate. He walked inside, through to the end, and whaadyaknow there was a food dish right in front of him! Tonight will be his first night with the pipe. Will it be soiled and well crawled in tomorrow? Some people post on HHC that their hedgies like to fall asleep in their PVC pipes. Phinneus tends to be a liner diver, so I doubt that he would actually sleep in the PVC pipe, but he might camp out in there. Especially if I can scrape together some more fleece scraps as bedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment