Sunday, November 7, 2010

Busy Bee

Whew, with a show at my college in tech rehearsals and the homework piling up I have been quite the busy bee...although not busy enough because I am still not quite on top of all my work. Everybody has times where a million different things pile up at once and life seems to become more like a maze with the exit sign offering a faint hope of rest and relaxation. It's during these times that I simply love to come home to a hedgehog. Right now Phinneus is in one of his pissy stages, and it has lasted for several days, but too bad for him his quills don't deter me at all from wanted to cuddle and squeeze him. Last night his bad mood earned him a bath (which he so richly deserved- he reeked of urine). There's nothing like watching a little ball of spikes equipped with a twitchy nose, tiny twig legs, and big ears scooting around the floor searching madly for a mealworm. I saw all of Phin's teeth last night as I was holding him when he lunged out of his fleece at my finger in order to madly like me...I suspect he does this manic licking because of the hand lotion (completely unscented) I put on. I think tonight I will let him loose in the bathroom so he can burn off excess energy and perhaps become a little sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment