Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Small Animal Boot Camp

It has come to my attention that Phin's routine is boring. His cage setup is comfortable yet always the same. His food is nutritious and delicious, yet not too varied. His main form of exercise is wheeling, with a portion of trying to escape from cuddles.
It has also come to my attention that my gerbils are obese (actually I noticed that a while ago and have been trying to change it). So today is Small Animal Boot Camp. I cleaned out the old Habitrail cage, which is actually very new and space-age looking. Now the gerbils are running around like a pair of furry little psychos- excellent!
For Phinneus I partitioned off the linoleum floor of the kitchen and set up an obstacle/fun-a-thon course. There is his old friend, Mr. PVC tube, two mostly empty containers of mealworms for him to dig through, a paper bag, food and water dishes, and a towel. Now if I can keep him out of the towel and the cats looked in the bedroom for long enough I might be able to get Phin to accomplish something.

Finally, Pherb has escaped boot camp because plump and cuddly is just the way he is supposed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment