Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Surprise Hedgehog Gift

Today when I came into work my boss gave me a gift which one of my extended coworkers (meaning someone who works in the same department as me, but which I never work directly with) had left for me. It was a tiny and very cute hedgehog eraser; one of the little Japanese ones which can be taken apart and then put back together. What a great way to come into work! I think my gift-giving friend had seen my hedgehog tattoo and that's how she knew I liked them.

It turns out a lot of people are hedgehog fans. For example, today Matt and I were idly browsing around a store called Fontana and one of the employees spotted my hedgehog tattoo on my arm and started telling me how much she loved hedgehogs, and that she had even gotten one for her sister as a gift. This is not the only incident where complete strangers have seen my arm and struck up a conversation. Of my four tattoos people seem most delighted and surprised (delightfully surprised that is) to see the little hedgepiggy. Even though hedgehogs are getting more and more popular they have yet to achieve the tattoo status symbol of say, and eagle or a panther or even a swallow.

Also, Phinneus is very glad to have a group of fans over at the Aurora Healthcare office where my dad works.

No comments:

Post a Comment