Friday, July 22, 2011

Leaving Phinneus

Leaving Phinneus sucks. There, I said it. My increasingly chubby and mild mannered hedgehog seemed to be extra cute and snuggly last night when I had him out for cuddles. He knows. I cleaned his cage and washed all his bedding in preparation for his being sent home with Matt. He still needs a new bag of his Katz-n-Flocken, which I just remembered now as I type this- drat. Well I guess Matt's first hedgehog duty (after getting Phin all settled in) will be to purchase his weirdo fancy cat food.

Lucky me that I am dating someone who has the know how to set up a 24/7 live web feed of my little hedgie, and lucky for me that said boyfriend is also willing to do it. Hopefully soon I can link up the web feed to this blog so that I and any other Phin fans can keep an eye on him. Of course, what you will probably see is a lump wrapped in fleece. Occasionally the lump comes out to feed, and during the night the lump wheels.

I will certainly miss my Phinneus. The posts I make while I am in Botswana will probably be all about missing him, or thinking about the wild African hedgehogs which I just know will be lurking somewhere nearby. So, good bye for now Phinneus, you are in capable hands and I will see you in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment