Friday, April 15, 2011

A Spring Day With Phinneus and Flowers

A day or two ago the temperature was finally warm enough to take Phinneus outside to stretch his legs. I don't know if hedgehogs get cabin fever, but I felt bad that he had been cooped up all winter. I gathered him and my camera and headed for a sunny patch of skilla. I placed him in amongst the flowers and it was as if he had completely forgotten that outside existed! He sniffed every inch of greenery in front of him and then stuck his little snout high in the air to sniff the breeze. He even tried to munch on one of the little blue flowers; it must have been the first bit of plant life he has tasted since he was a tiny hoglet. After a while he began to look worried and lost so I caught his attention by rustling my foot in plants so he could find it. The little critter rushed right over to plop himself on my foot and reassure himself that he was not in iminent danger. After this I scooped him up and brought him over to the grass so he could scoot around. Of course, he version of this was to huddle under his fleece blankie and sniff at months old rabbit pellets. Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment